Refined Backlog

Neila Ben Amar November 22, 2018

Hi,

My project requires a regular review of the Backlog in order to move issues/tasks from Backlog to a Refined Backlog. The next step is to prioritize issues/tasks in the Refined Backlog to start the sprint. Can I add a category in Jira named Refined Backlog in the Sidebar? 

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2018

In cloud you can add a link in the sidebar. Create a JQL filter to represent whatever constitutes refined backlog. save it and share it and add to the sidebar.

Neila Ben Amar December 12, 2018

Hi Jack, thanks for your response. However, I changed my mind, I not not want the refined backlog to appear in the sidebar. Instead, I would like it to show right on top of the Backlog (as a separate category) in the Backlog view. Currently on top of Backlog, I "Sprint 1". How can I add another category in the Backlog view? I hope this makes sense

Oh, I just figured it out. No worries. Thanks!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2018

@Neila Ben Amar, glad to hear it. you may want to post your solution as an answer and accept for others to benefit from.

The way to do it is the following:

1- In Backlog, click on "Create sprint".

2- Click on the 3 dots in front of the new Sprint.

3- Select "Edit sprint"

4- Change the name to "Refined Backlog"

Like # people like this
Rama Thakur October 9, 2019

Thanks Neila, this was helpful!

Chandraprakash G February 10, 2021

@Neila Ben Amar Thanks a lot, never thought it would be this simple :)

Suggest an answer