Recommended advanced EPIC/Sprint reporting add-ons?

James Scott January 25, 2021

I've received some requests for advanced reporting that Jira doesn't provide out of the box.  So I wanted to reach out to the community to see if you all have any recommendations.  Free would be great.  Below are some of the requirements I've been given:

1. Epic Status
    • Report shows status of open Epic for the quarter
    • Looking to see percentage complete
    • Number of sprints it took to complete
    • Number of stories to complete in the Epic
  2. Advanced Sprint Report
    • Report that shows more comprehensive detail of each sprint
    • Stories started and count
    • Stories Added and count
    • Stories Removed and count
    • Stories Completed and count
    • Stories Not completed and count
    • SDS Tickets worked on during Sprint
      • started completed
      • started not completed

2 answers

0 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 18, 2022

Hi @James Scott 

I hope you found what you needed. In case you didn't, I just wanted to bring up our solution, Dashboard Hub for Jira, which includes an Epic Progress gadget that could fulfill your needs :)

Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 16.05.20.png

Hope it helps!

Iván, Product Marketing Manager

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2021

Hi @James Scott 

No doubt a marketplace vendor (or three) is going to offer some suggestions.  ;^)

For free alternatives that require a bit of effort, you could:

1. Use the Atlassian Excel add-on or Google Sheets one to connect to Jira and build your own reports
  2. Enhance #1 with custom fields and automation rules.  That will help with the sprint scope change measures you are interested in seeing
  3. If you can write JQL queries that provide valuable information, you may save/share them and subscribe for scheduled email updates.  This is the fastest thing to try for reporting.
  4. Investigate the dashboard gadgets and search this community forum to see if someone has gotten them to do what you ask...and if not...
  5. Build your own dashboard gadget

With any of these measures, I suggest pausing to consider what will you do with the information.  If you can think of no response actions, re-consider why you need a measure.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events