Recent changes to how new browser tabs are opened

Brian April 9, 2021

Greetings,

In Jira Cloud some changes have occurred recently that negatively impact how I work in Jira. Can I control this behavior?

Browser: FireFox

1. Say I have a story open and there are several sub tasks listed. I used to be able to command+left-click a number of tickets and have each task link open in a new browser tab. The current ticket story remained in focus. Recently, something changed. Now each time I click a task link the browser opens a new tab and switches me to the tab preventing me from being able to click and open a number of tabs without having to manually switch back to my story's tab. I prefer to manually switch to the tabs when I am ready. This slows me way down.
  2. Say I have my favorite dashboard open. In the past couple of days, the command+left-click no longer opens the selected task in a new tab. Instead, the browser opens the link in the current tab.

Can we please restore how the the command+left-click keyboard/mouse combo worked? Is that a setting in my profile? I could not find it.

2 answers

0 votes
Javier Gomez Moreno August 9, 2022

This is still happening in 2022 so I guess it won't get fixed, but nevertheless...

Just to extend with some findings. In my case this is happening but not for all sorts of links. For instance, in the Roadmap view, if you Ctrl+left click on the epic identifier in the gantt diagram, the behavior is ok (tab opens without switching). Nevertheless, if you select an epic, and try to open all the displayed tasks on the right side of the screen, as the OP described. You get the annoying "open and switch" behavior

0 votes
Thomas Browne August 2, 2021

Could not agree more that this is VERY irritating and of course against all web standards. Whoever implemented this was misguided. Atlassian please let us know how to suppress this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events