Rapid7 Integration

Jason Luke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 5, 2019

Has anyone gotten this to work, particularly with Jira Server?

Rapid7's instructions (https://insightappsec.help.rapid7.com/docs/ticketing-integration) are not helpful in my experience.

I have a brand new JIRA installation. I have verified rapid7 server can hit https://jira:8080. I am using my administrator level account but all I get from Rapid7 is  "Could not connect to the ticketing server. Please verify that the user name and password provided are correct." Yet I do not see any audit log attempts on the Jira side or any indication of any relevant logs on the Rapid7 side.

Anybody experience this?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Abbe April 30, 2019

I am having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a resolution to this?

Jason Luke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2019

Of a sort.

I learned that the HTTPS connection to Jira is initiated by the Rapid7 cloud, not my on prem rapid7 console. Once I opened that port on the firewall and created a public DNS entry for jira server, it connected. However, I scrapped the whole thing in the end. It does not work  in any useful manner. As a ticketing process, its so broken as to be more hassle than its worth. For example, you can get Rapid7 to create Jira Tickets only. Doing any update to the ticket via Rapid7 does NOT make the corresponding change in Jira.  Nor does making any change to the ticket in Jira update Rapid7. So you are left with two systems, both with a ticket for the same issue, neither of which can update each other. There is no way Rapid7 themselves even use this feature as then they would realize it is done horribly.

Mike Abbe May 1, 2019

Thanks for your reply. That is very helpful information about the functionality, although annoying, because who wants to duplicate their tasks in two systems.

I can see the traffic hitting my reverse proxy, but it never makes it to Jira. I'm assuming Insight VM is using port 443, but I'm probably wrong.

Suggest an answer