Ranking is disabled as the Filter Query for this board is not ordered by ascending Rank

Pam Graunke July 11, 2019

I've tried to read through other threads for this issue, but none of it is helping me. I didn't have any issues moving issues in my backlog yesterday. I need to do it today, but now I receive the message: Ranking is disabled as the Filter Query for this board is not ordered by ascending Rank. Check filter configuration.

Some of the tips provided by others I can't locate on my board. I'm a self-taught Admin and this stumps me.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2019

add this at the end of your filter: ORDER BY status ASC

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2019

John, Do you mean Order by rank asc?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2019

Oops - yes! Thanks!

Adam Morstad March 20, 2023

Does this only work with the Cloud version? I'm getting the same error and the solution outlined above doesn't work for me. We're still on the server version until the end of the year.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

Hi @Adam Morstad - You should create a new question so more people will see it and answers can be tailored to your exact needs. 

Suggest an answer