Quick Filter (Transform) in Structures are turning on/off as groups - spooky

Michael Veit May 7, 2019

I have created a Structure and just added about 6 Quick Filters (Transforms) to it.
When I attempted to use the new Quick Filters, I was surprised that turning on one filter, seemed to enable about 2 or 3 other filters. 

It seemed like some sort of hierarchical control was associated with them.
I turn on the 6th one I added, and 4 filters turn on together.
I edit the name of the 6th one, and the name for the 1st of the 6 filters opens up. (weird)
When I select the 6th one, the first filter shows up as the active filter.
When I disable the 1st filter, all four "grouped' filters are disabled.

Best I know, I was not associating the Quick Filters in any way.

I tried cloning the Structure and starting over, and the new structure keeps the wonky behavior.

Is this a know bug, or have I bumbled across some control with structures unaware?

4 answers

0 votes
Michael Veit December 15, 2020

This has been fixed, I have not seen this issue for more than a year.

It just does not occur any longer.

The bug appears to be fixed sometime in late 2020.

I use structures *all* *the* *time* and I don't recall seeing this at all in 2020.

0 votes
Michael Veit June 4, 2019

New observation 6/4/2019 - Mike Veit

My Conjecture:

If you created a structure in a browser, you probably should use that same browser if you add new transformations.  ie, Avoid creating in Chrome, and add transformation's in IE later.

Longer Story:

When using Internet Explorer today I noticed that turning on/off transformations was causing multiple buttons to turn on/off together.

I believe this occurred after I had added a new transformation to a structure I made a month ago.

I happened to switch over to Chrome and I don't see any errant behavior, using the same structure.

It might be that Chrome works better, or that it was initially created using Chrome, so it does not work well in IE if it was created in Chrome.

Typically I work with Chrome, So I think the initial ticket request was in Chrome.

I don't know for certain which browser I used to create either/any of the structures I have, but most of them were made in Chrome.

I'm guessing that there is some browser caching going on.

Maybe Stepan Kholodov can inform us if this is part of the fix for the known issue he is working on.

0 votes
Michael Veit May 9, 2019

Just heard from Stepan Kholodov that this is a known issue and a fix is in progress.

0 votes
Michael Veit May 8, 2019

Partial work around answer: 
Structure vendor indicated it is something that might occur due to copying a structure.
Try removing the Transformations, and recreating them. (ouch)

My recommendation:  Only have one filter/transformation active when saving a new transformation. 

I recreated my structure from scratch and was careful to close each new transformation I created before adding additional transformations.  My conjecture is that this problem happened when  I added multiple transformations and just pressed "Save" for each of them as I went along.
When I redid my transformation, I closed the transformation after saving it so that I did not have 2,3,4 or more filters open/active when I selected "Save".

Good luck.  . . . Your mileage may vary. :-)

Suggest an answer