Questions on setting up email notifications for comments

Sam DIss December 17, 2021

I've set up a mail box to create issues and comment on them. It has succesfully created issues without having to use Jira service management or service desk. 

But I still have two problems..

01. Even though I've ticked Strip Quote option, it sometimes add the whole email in comments, specially if a non-jira user comments on it. 

02. I want it to send an email notification for everyone who is in the email thread including cc'd email addresses with no jira accounts, when someone added a comment using their jira account.

Can some one answer my issues?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2022

@Sam DIss 

1. This can happen depending on the email client a users is using.  If the email client unquote the content (usually plain text)  then the mail handler has nothing to distinguish the old content from the new.

2. You can only send emails to the reporter and watchers.  Theses users need licenses in order to be added to the issue.  I would suggest buying Jira Service Management, it fixes this issue for you.  

Suggest an answer