Questions about stopping using Jira Software

enrique carranza September 26, 2019

For a corporate decision we will stop using Jira Software and I have the following questions:

1.- After stop paying for the service we will have a period in which we can enter the platform only in consultation mode?

2.- How do we download the backup ?. Our backup in April came to weigh a little more than 100 GB

3.- Once we download the backup, how can we obtain the files that we have been attaching? We understand that we can only access the files (and in general all the data) if we restore the backup to another instance.

I will be attentive to your comments.

Best regards,

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2019

You have used the "cloud" label for this question, but I think that's what you are asking and so these answers are for Cloud only, they do not apply to server or DC installs.

1. No.  When you shut down the service, you lose all access to it on the end date, because you have said you don't want to use it.  Atlassian will leave it passively inactive for a week (so it can be instantly reactivated if you renew) and that may drift to longer depending on the delete and backup cycles, but formally, when you stop paying, you lose access.
  2. From Admin -> Backup.  You can use this every two days
  3. Attachments are simply zipped up.  Expand the archive and you'll get some files that you can use to rebuild a non-Cloud Jira, but the attachments are zipped up as simple blobs in the archive.

Suggest an answer