Question about epic link soon being replaced with parent

Anjan Mujanovic June 1, 2022

Hi all,

We have received a notification about epic link soon being replaced with parent.

See image:

EpicLinkParent.png

Can someone please help with the following questions regarding this update:

• How to prepare for this change?
  • What is the impact of this if nothing is done in preparation?
  • Is there any documentation for this change in specific? (I am having a hard time finding it)

My apologies for these most likely rookie questions, as I am still getting used to the Atlassian products.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Best regards,
Anjan

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Anjan Mujanovic and welcome to the community!

You can read more about this change here. If you are worrying about filters, then this isn't to big of a deal, except if you are using these filters in post functions etc. The deprecation of epic link, affects mostly post function, or validators, or scripts in general that are using this field. The change should be made according to the documentation. In case you are using an app (like jmwe) you should contact the vendor as well.

Hope it helps!

Alex

Anjan Mujanovic June 1, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

Thank you so much for for taking the time to reply, the quick response and clear explanation.
I will go through the linked page. :) 

Best regards,
Anjan

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Keep in mind that the deadline for the working epic link is set to 30/11/2022. So you have time to make any necessary changes. I know I have, because I have some clients to which I have to change a few things :) 

Like Anjan Mujanovic likes this
Rachael Williams June 2, 2022

The alert in JIRA included a hyperlink within the text "Update to Parent" to prepare for these changes.  That link navigated to this page, not the page for the deprecation of the Epic Link.  It sounds like there are several other updates happening to the Epic field that are all bundled together.  Updating to parent link was only mentioned briefly in the page that was hyperlinked via the notification. 

Side note - we first spotted the notifications yesterday but they have since disappeared.

Like Rose Lebel likes this
Ian H November 2, 2023

Is there any advice on changing screens which currently display the Epic Link field? Should we be changing all such screens to show Parent instead?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events