Question about edit Jira issue priority

Jason Liu April 26, 2023

When I tried to change an issue priority, I found there're two kinds of display. One is pop-up edit screen and another is just change it in the UI page. So I want to know the logic of when it will show pop-up and when is another. I have attached the screen shot for better understanding. Since we made a scriptrunner behavior to restrict the priority to P1-P4, we don't want to show all the priorities when editing it.Priority display.pngPriority pop-up.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ravina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2023

Hi @Jason Liu 

There is not difference as such in both the screens when you click on edit issue option it will open a Edit issue screen and you can edit the fields which are present on the Edit screen of that issue. 

Another screenshot you mentioned is also look for your edit issue permission based on the field present on edit screen but this view is from issues view screens and show only fields which are present on the issue view screen and you will only see pencil icon on those fields which are present on the edit screens if field is not present on the edit screen you will not see pencil icon on them

Also,

Looking at your screenshots and details you provided that you are using script runner behavior to restrict what priority values need to shown, can you confirm if behavior you used for this project is used of all the issue-types in that project because as per your screenshot behavior is used for Bug issue-type but not for Story issue-type and due to that all priority values are shown for Story issue-type and for Bug issue-type it's showing only which you have added in behavior, as you can have a behavior as per you issue-type you selected, this could be intentional but just want to check.

Thanks

Ravina

Jason Liu April 27, 2023

Hi Ravina, sorry for not providing the same issue screen shot. The priority I restricted to Story is as the new screen shot. But when it comes to edit pencil on the issue view page, it will show all the priorities that project has. I have priority on all the create, edit and view screens.Story priority.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events