Query to Show open and in Progress issues till yesterday

Prabhu Chilukuri January 27, 2022

Hi All,

I want my query to show all issues that are in open and In progress till yesterday.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Hi @Prabhu Chilukuri 

This query is limited to Project and issues created more than 1 day ago which are in either Open status or In Progress status

project = project-key AND status in (Open, "In Progress") AND created <= -1d

Let me know if this is returning issues that you need

Thanks

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Perrault
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2022

Hi @Prabhu Chilukuri,

Try this out

status changed TO (Open, "In Progress") AFTER startOfDay(-1) 

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Perrault
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2022

Thought about this a little more cause this could return other issues beyond just the ones in open and in progress. I added a little bit more to isolate just those issues. This will show all issues in the status of Open and in progress if they were transitioned to those status since yesterday.

status in (Open, "In Progress") AND status changed TO (Open, "In Progress") AFTER startOfDay(-1) 
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

@Tim Perrault 

I guess status in (Open, "In Progress") is enough right? 

Once we have checked the issue is in Open or In Progress, why are we checking the status of the issue was changed?

Tim Perrault
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2022

@Pramodh M

Maybe I misinterpreted the question... I read it like can I have a query that will show me all open and in progress issues that actually got to that status since at least the day prior.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2022

@Tim Perrault Guess to compare the issue context we need when the issue is changed which is not given by @Prabhu Chilukuri !! 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2022

@Tim Perrault Your interpretation was correct but both of our approaches were different, and I appreciate yours!!

Like Tim Perrault likes this
Tim Perrault
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2022

@Pramodh Mreally I'm just trying to get to these questions before you end up posting the correct answer haha :) I bow to the Kudos leader!

Like Pramodh M likes this
Vic Kappel May 4, 2023

I have something similar to this... I want to see all issues that were open yesterday, including those that were closed today... will that above query do that, or do I need another field or two?

Suggest an answer