Query problem and CSV more than 1k Records

Greg September 12, 2019

I am trying to export to CSV and need a report with all records in current display, currently 2203.

I'm not technically minded so please excuse my ignorance. I have tried running the query using during but am getting duplicate records - query is as follows: "Charge time to" = "Project Ark" AND status was Done during (2019-01-01, 2019-03-31) AND project in ("Report Manager", "Destination CMS", "Web API", "Builder (DR)")

When I change the date ranges to 1st April to End June I am getting all records up to end of June which is pushing me over the 1k limit for export. 

Help please, something in my query is not working and I don't know what, or is there an idiots way to export more than 1k records to CSV than I could follow. 

1 answer

1 vote
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

Hi @Greg ,

You can increase the limit by adding below properties to your jira-config.properties file @

/your installation directory/atlassian/application-data/jira

jira.search.views.default.max = 2000
jira.search.views.max.limit = 2000

Greg September 12, 2019

Thank you. I'll have to see how I can do that. Is there anything I can do with my query to make that work?

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

@Greg ,

Always suggested to optimize the filter and to have less number of issues to export. 

What do you mean by duplicates. In any jira filter , any issue will come as one row. It will never be repeated. 

Greg September 12, 2019

So as follows:

Done during (2018-01-01, 2018-12-31) - returns 393 records

Done during (2019-01-01, 2019-03-31) - returns 1277 records but of those records it contains the 393 records returned in the first date range query meaning the true value should be only 884.

Hope this makes sense I'm trying to use DURING as a workaround which means I am running 3 reports, and combining them for a total list of records since January 2018 to now. - all to get around the 1000 records limit.

Suggest an answer