Query for due date was 3/1-3/31 as of 2/28/01

caglad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

I am having several problems trying to create this query - any suggestions helpful

due >= 2021-03-01 AND due <= 2021-03-31

assignee in (membersOf(development))

As of 2/28/01

One of the error messages was I could not use assignee in command and I also got a separate error when writing that due was command

3 answers

0 votes
caglad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

This is the error with what I think should be the what was due in March on 2/28lessthan.png

0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Hi @caglad , it would be helful to see a screenshot or something. I think the correct JQL should be something like:

• due >= 2021-03-01 and due <= 2021-03-31 and assignee in membersOf("development")
caglad
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2021

Yup, this is the JQL 

assignee in (membersOf(development)) AND due >= 2021-03-01 AND due <= 2021-03-31 order by created DESC

but I want to know what the results were on 2/28/21

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

hi @caglad you can't do it easily. JQL only shows current data. You would need to load history of the issues and analyze data.

caglad
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2021

yeah, I didnt want to do it that way though :)

For April, I am adding a label of all the issues due in April (today) and then I will be able to see what issues look like on 5/1 and compare to issues that I marked

I should ask, I am really just trying to report effectiveness of our forecasting of work that should be due in April

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

Can you share the full JQL query please? And perhaps a screenshot of what you are getting.

To me it's not very clear how you are inputting that query, why the 3 separate lines?

This one should work

due >= 2021-03-01 AND due <= 2021-03-31 and assignee in (membersOf("developers"))

I'm not sure what you mean with "As of 2/28/01"

caglad
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2021

I want to know what items were due between 3/1-3/31 on 2/28/21 - so, I dont want to see items that were updated to be due to 3/18 on 3/2

caglad
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2021

This shows me whats due on those date as of right now

assignee in (membersOf(development)) AND due >= 2021-03-01 AND due <= 2021-03-31 order by created DESC

but I want to know what the results were on 2/28/21

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

From your screenshot I can see you are trying to use the DURING operator.

DURING only works after the WAS operarator.

And unfortunatrly WAS is not supported for the duedate field.

On this page you can read: "This operator can be used with the Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution, and Status fields only"

Like @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__  is suggesting you can only perform your own analysis by exporting the data, a BI tool, etc.

Good luck!

caglad
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2021

So, can I do was resolution = done, in march, during 2/28? 

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

Im' not sure what you mean with "during 2/28".

You can do: resolution was done DURING ("2021/03/01","2021/03/31")

DURING always takes 2 dates. This means the value of the resolution was "done" between "2021/03/01" and "2021/03/31"

If you want to find issues where the value of the resolution was done on "2001-02-28" you can do this: resolution was done ON "2001-02-28"

You can also search for: resolution = done and resolutiondate= "2001-02-28"

But I don't see how the resolution relates to your original question about the duedate.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events