Query for Lead Developer on Linked Issues

Sofie Palacios March 27, 2024

Like the title says, I'm trying to query to pull data for issues where their linked issues have a specific Lead Developer on them. 

Sadly, I don't even really know where to start with this one. 

I do have access to Script Runner. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

2 answers

1 vote
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2024

Hello @Sofie Palacios 

Since you have script runner:

Below query will give you all issues which are blocking project ABCD and are open

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = ABCD", "blocks") AND resolution IS EMPTY

Then to find issues assigned to one user, you add additional clause:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = ABCD", "blocks") AND resolution IS EMPTY AND assignee = "u787823"

If you dont care about link type, just dont give that argument like below:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = KPMS") AND resolution IS EMPTY

And it will bring all linked issues which are open and you add the assignee clause again to find the list you are interested in:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = ABCD") AND resolution IS EMPTY AND assignee = "u787823"

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2024

Hi, @Sofie Palacios  👋

You'll want to do an Advanced Search using JQL. In this case, you'll need to learn how to use the "linkedissues()" and "assignee=" and maybe other conditions.

Checkout:

Advanced searching

to learn more.

Hope this helps,

-dave

Suggest an answer