Query Help

Theresa Doris November 20, 2020

We have a hierarchy built into our system.

Initative

Sub- Intiative 

Epic

Story 

I want to find all the stories in an Accepted state, based on the Epic parent sub-initiative detail.   I can do the Epic with the parent details an the story to the feature, but i am not able to link the two queries together to see the relationship from story to Sub-initiative.  

Any help would be great. 

Tess

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

Offhand, I feel like you may be able to get what you need with multiple filters within a single query.

Inside filter A, it's possible to run a query, and have one of its clauses be "where filter B is TRUE".

Theresa Doris November 23, 2020

I have been trying to construct this, but get errors, is this correct? 

project in (tlelsales, tlelmobile, tleldeskin, tlelcrm3p, tlcalclend, tlcsvrprod, tlcosvrtax, tlconstr, tlcdkcrm, tlcdkdeski, tlfoqtecal, tllendata, tlmenuvant, tlelcrmmk, tleldclctr, tlelcrmmk) AND type in (Story, Bug, Defect) AND resolved >= startOfMonth() AND resolved <= endOfMonth() AND status != Canceled and "where filter B is True"

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

@Theresa Doris - instead of "where filter B is TRUE" (which was just my psuedo-query), you would have something like AND filter = 2, where 2 is the ID of the filter you want to include or exclude.

Here's a Community thread with a few examples: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/excluding-filter-from-the-search/qaq-p/1270393

Like Nina Gabrielyan likes this
0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2020

Hi @Theresa Doris 

You mention the hierarchy is built into your system; how is the hierarchy created?

Does this utilise an app? Or Advanced Roadmaps (via Jira Premium)? Or just using linked issues?

Ste

Theresa Doris November 23, 2020

We have a linked the issues, using the sub-child filter. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events