Push key name from Jira to salesforce field using Salesforce & JIRA Cloud Connector

Laura Hackett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 10, 2018

Hi,

We want to push/pull the key name of a Jira Issue onto a salesforce field. (The same object that creates the ticket)

Is this technically possible and what would be the steps on the Jira and Salesforce admin side

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kevin Lew [ServiceRocket]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 10, 2018

Hello Laura,

Are you referring to push Jira issue key to Salesforce custom field? 

If yes, it is possible to do that. 

Here are the steps:

1. Go to Jira > Salesforce > Bindings > Your Bindings > Click on Mapping > Locate the issue type that you want to map > Click on Mappings > Add *Key* field and Salesforce custom field > Save.

For example:SS1.PNG

Please note that Jira key is Read-only field. Please ensure that you make the sync direction Outbound only (Jira to Salesforce). The screenshot above is an example that you can refer to. 

Hope this helps you.

0 votes
Laura Hackett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 11, 2018

Thanks so much! That helps a lot. 

Suggest an answer