Pull release vs unreleased items into dashboard filter

Kelly Carlson April 14, 2023

On the release dashboard there is a status for release and unrelease.  This is different than the status used in a story (Ready/In Progress/Done).  How do I pull in the release and unrelease status to my dashboard?  Is there another name for this category?  

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2023

Hi @Kelly Carlson and welcome to the Community!

The answer to your questions relates entirely to how you define released issues.

Jira has an advanced JQL function that lets you identify these issues like this:

fixVersion in releasedVersions(ABC)

ABC in that JQL represents the Jira project your issues are in. And it does require that you do actively use releases (fix versions) in your project. That means:

• that you define releases in your project;
  • associate all issues to a release;
  • explicitly hit release on each version that is actually release.

Hope this helps!

Kelly Carlson April 17, 2023

Good Morning and thank you for the response.  We do use fix Versions to identify releases.  How would I pull this status of released vs unreleased into my filter in my dashboard?

Kelly Carlson April 17, 2023

What determines the status of release vs unreleased?  Is there a way to query off of this status?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events