Prompt reassignment of user when moving issue from In Review to To Do

Ureee May 28, 2020

Hello there,

May I know if it's possible for me to set up a prompt / screen when I move an issue from In Review to To Do? Something like prompting a new Assignee?

The reason I ask is because I'm worried if it clashes with the current transition I have from Backlog to To Do where it auto assigns the user. Will me moving it from In Review to To Do cause any complications?

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wouter Bruinings
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2020

Yep that is totally possible!

Step 1: create and configure a screen with the assignee field on it.
Step 2: create a transition between the statuses In Review and To Do 
Step 3: assign the screen on that transition

If an assignee is already set and a screen is prompted to set it again and the assignee is changed it will be overwritten. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2020

And if you want to “require” an update to the Assignee....

Step 4: add a Validator for field modified

Like Wouter Bruinings likes this
Ureee June 1, 2020

@Wouter_Bruinings thanks!

I tried creating a new transition but JIRA keeps prompting saying I cannot create a new transition on a Draft. After I published it, in order to create a new transition - I had to add click "Edit" which was how the workflow went into "Draft" mode again.

Am I doing something wrong here? 

Ureee June 1, 2020

@Wouter Bruinings I found the issue.

Thanks for your help! And @Jack Brickey as well :D

0 votes
Ureee June 1, 2020

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL