Projects have disappeared after subscription re-instated.

Arifur Chowdhury April 3, 2023

Hi All,

I am new to JIRA, and have been using it as a task manager for the past year. Recently, I had a number of team members join my organisation, and this exceeded my subscription model. 

I have just logged into my JIRA account and all my projects/settings have been deleted. Is there any way of recovering this information? I have suspended access for a number of users on my organisation, which in turn has placed me within the free subscription plan.

Many thanks,

Ari

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Arifur Chowdhury 
I am not certain that we will be able to recover this data.  it appears that the site was in an evaluation of Jira Software.  Evals only have a 15 day data retention period per https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/track-storage-and-move-data-across-products/

I suspect this data has already been deleted.  However I have created a support case on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-867489 so that our support team can investigate further to determine if there is any possibility to recover this data.

Regards,

Andy

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hello @Arifur Chowdhury 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Were you on the Free plan before you exceeded your user limit?

Are you sure you are accessing the same instance that you were previously accessing? Is it the same URL?

Are you logging in with the same account? Do you have more than one Atlassian account?

Do you still have the same permissions that you had before to be able to create projects and administer Jira? Have you access the Jira Administration settings to double check if the projects and schemes are truly gone? Have you checked the Trash bin for deleted projects?

Arifur Chowdhury April 18, 2023

Hi Trudy,

Thank you for the warm welcome to the community.

'Were you on the Free plan before you exceeded your user limit? Yes

Are you sure you are accessing the same instance that you were previously accessing? Yes

Is it the same URL? Yes

Are you logging in with the same account? Yes

Do you have more than one Atlassian account? No

Do you still have the same permissions that you had before to be able to create projects and administer Jira? Yes

Have you access the Jira Administration settings to double check if the projects and schemes are truly gone? I've looked in Trash and Archive with no luck.

Have you checked the Trash bin for deleted projects?' Yes.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Hm, I am stumped as to why information would have disappeared simply because you exceeded your limit temporarily.

I am tagging this post to see it an Atlassian Team member can take a look.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events