Projects access

Bar Stein February 17, 2021

Hi,

My Jira account has several projects that not related to each other.

I would like to know how can I manage the access for the users (who will have access to each project)

Thank and regards

Bar

2 answers

2 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Bar Stein 

Permission schemes and Roles!

Basically, you have to create roles and then add those roles in the permission scheme and then associate the permission scheme to the project!

Please follow the guide here for documentation on how you can manage permissions

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/permissions-overview-939938996.html

Thanks,
Pramodh

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Hi Bar,

Something else to add with roles, those you assign as Admins within the Project can manage the users for their projects as well through these roles. So if you are the overall Jira Admin, you can delegate the work to those responsible for the projects.

Project admins can use either groups or individual users to provide access, so if you have an LDAP directory linked, it may make it even easier!

Best,
Clark

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

@Bar Stein 

Welcome to the community.

Are you using Classic projects or Next-Gen projects?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events