Project type "Software Project" missing since Jira 8.16 upgrade

Yves Tremp March 31, 2021

Hi all

I did a Jira upgrade (from 8.15 to 8.16) and now I can not create any Projects with Type Software.

Existing Projects seems still to work.

I did some research, but did not find any answer. Already did a restart, checked the logs for errors.

Can someone help me? What more information are needed?

Best Regards

Jira1.JPGJira2.JPG

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Yves Tremp ,

please check that JIRA Software module is still installed after the upgrade.

Moreover, try to clean plugin cache and restart the application. 

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

Many thanks for your fast replay.

JIRA Software isn't install and trying to install it again does not help.

Any idea which Logs they meant in the error?

Regards

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

Hi @Yves Tremp ,

I had a similar issue during a customer upgrade in the past and I spent a lot of time to install again the module after an upgrade. Try to :

• Stop instance
  • Clean plugin cache
  • Start instance
  • Install JSD using obr or URL

Fabio

Yves Tremp April 3, 2021

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

Looks that this worked for me, without using install. Just cleaning the cache.

Many thanks!

0 votes
Cedrick DONeill September 25, 2022

Listed below are a few warning indicators of trolling: Asking someone why they are so upset in a patronizing or dismissive manner just makes them feel worse. Comments that are off-topic offend other users by www.assignmenthelper.com.au/law-assignment-help/ being irrelevant to the thread. Being unaware means that someone is seemingly untouched emotionally by anything directed at them.

0 votes
Yves Tremp April 3, 2021

Hi @Alexis Robert 

Just with the SQL it did not work. With cleaning the cache, it worked for me.

Many thanks for your help!

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

Hi @Yves Tremp , 

can you check in the Administration, in the Applications menu, that Jira Software is properly installed ? I've had this issue where after an upgrade I had to manually click on "Install Jira Software". 

Similar to this screenshot : 

Z2q0FM8vCX.png

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Hi @Alexis Robert 

Many thanks for your fast replay. 

Indeed Jira Software is not installed. I can click on install but i get an error which are refering to the logs. In the logs I can not find anything helpful.

Do you have an idea?

jira3.JPG

Maybe one question, There is no Jira Core Licenses need to run Jira Software? That would be a problem...

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

Yes Jira Core licences are not needed, that's not the issue here. I've had the problem before, it can also be because of the package you used to install Jira. 

You can try this SQL query to re-enable Jira Software : 

update pluginstate SET pluginenabled='true' where pluginkey='com.atlassian.jira.jira-software-application';

Suggest an answer