Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Project specific roles?

I am attempting to develop some kind of schema around permissions in my organization. Generally, everyone can see everything and we don't care. We do have one partner company we don't want to have access to anything but their project and boards. I also need to figure out how to limit access to new projects related to acquisitions (members change depending on the acquisition).

I've been watching Atlassian videos and it just isn't clicking for me. Does anyone have a source for a thorough walk through of how to set up roles/permissions? Preferably one that uses small words. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jul 22, 2021

This page should give you a good overview of how Jira permissions works, How do Jira permissions work? 

What you would have to do is create new permission schemes, both for internal projects and the project that your partner company needs access to. You can also use issue security if you need restrict the access even further within a project.

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jul 22, 2021

I would recommend that you use a permission scheme based on project roles instead of groups. You can then control within each individual project who should have access to it.

I should set up project roles, then assign the scheme to the project? 

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jul 23, 2021

Correct, in order to use the project roles in the permission scheme they have exist first.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

👁‍🗨 Confluence Team planning dashboard_Atlympics 🌈

Hi Atlassian's, How is your journey with #Atlympics 2021 so far....excited! Me too, same excitement. Here's my typical team planning and vision dashboard which I used to share to my management and ...

46 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you