Project name missing for bulk move operation

Andrew DeBarge June 3, 2021

I am our JIRA Admin and we're using the JIRA Software (Cloud) offering. I just created a new company managed project to consolidate issues from a few different existing projects. When I select the move option under bulk operations, I do not see my new project name under the dropdown menu for possible projects to move my issues to.  I have tried logging in/out, clearing my cache but it's still not appearing. I have a mix of company and team managed projects showing up in the dropdown list so I can't understand why this one project would be hidden.

missingProject.JPG

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

Hi Andrew - Typically, this is because you don't have the Browse Project AND Create Issue permissions in the permission scheme for the new project. You should check that first. 

Andrew DeBarge June 3, 2021

Thanks John - I would have thought as a site admin I'd have had those permissions by default. Soon as I added myself to the project with those permissions, the project name appeared...cant believe it was so simple.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

No, JIra Administrator and Jira Site Admin permissions are all separate from Project Permissions. You can be a Jira Administrator and have the ability to change all settings for the entire instance, but not have permissions to even see a project if you don't have Browse Project permission in that project's permission scheme. 

Like # people like this
Patrick Lübbecke January 26, 2022

I'm currently facing the same issuie where I'd like to move epics and sub tasks from one CMP to another but the target project is not in the "move t"o list. I am set as project admin.

I created the target project, deleted it and had it recovered from trash by my Jira admin. I assume that might have something to do with the problem.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2021

Is it possible you’re trying to move a TNP to a CMP? Personally I’ve never tried that so just a guess. The only other thing I would guess is permissions on the project which seems unlikely since you created the project.

Suggest an answer