Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Project board column status addition

I'm trying to configure our project board and I were able to add Columns but for some reason the 'add Status' button is missing. I'm project lead and project admin so 'Note' from this guidance page should be ok. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-columns/

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Jun 17, 2021

Please share an image of your screen. Do you have a CMP or TMP? Is this a software project or a business project? The screenshot will help me answer these questions and guide you further. Note you will not always see Add status in a CMP project depending on your workflow. That is, if you don’t have a simplified workflow you will not see it. This is noted in the article you referenced.

Jack Community Leader Jun 17, 2021

As stated you do not have a simplified workflow. If you want to add a new status you must go into project settings workflows and edit your workflow add your status and the necessary transitions. Then on your board come back and map that status to a new column or an existing column.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

698 views 2 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you