Project board column status addition

Arto Kangas June 17, 2021

I'm trying to configure our project board and I were able to add Columns but for some reason the 'add Status' button is missing. I'm project lead and project admin so 'Note' from this guidance page should be ok. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-columns/

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Please share an image of your screen. Do you have a CMP or TMP? Is this a software project or a business project? The screenshot will help me answer these questions and guide you further. Note you will not always see Add status in a CMP project depending on your workflow. That is, if you don’t have a simplified workflow you will not see it. This is noted in the article you referenced.

Arto Kangas June 17, 2021

MissingAddStatus.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

As stated you do not have a simplified workflow. If you want to add a new status you must go into project settings workflows and edit your workflow add your status and the necessary transitions. Then on your board come back and map that status to a new column or an existing column.

Lina Fjeldgård November 17, 2021

Hi, how do I navigate to Column management? I hve created the workflow, statuses and transitions and now need to add the statuses to columns. 

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE! Don't need help anymore, just noticed I don't have admin rights and therefore I cannot add statuses to the column (which I had already aded in Column management. Just loked different because I am not admin).

Suggest an answer