I wanted to change the workflow associated with a project. I followed the instructions found at Managing workflows for projects. The steps are as follows:
Click the Switch Scheme link to display the Associate Workflow Scheme to Project page.
Select the relevant workflow scheme from the Scheme list and click the Associate button to begin the migration process.
Each issue has to be in a valid status. The valid statuses for an issue are defined by its workflow. This means that when changing a workflow, you may need to tell JIRA the status for specific issues after the change.
When I get to step 3 there is no link. Instead the window on the right of the page where my workflow should be is missing and there are no buttons or links.
What is even more curious is that if I click the Summary link on the left of the Project Settings page and then click on the Workflow link for the project in the window on the right labeled Workflows it will take me to the "Workflows" section on the left of the Project settings page and the Workflow is displayed at that point. However, there is still no link for Switch Scheme.
I have a screen shot if it would be helpful to resolve this issue.
After trying a variety of solutions, including creating a new database, backing up JIRA and moving to the new database I found the problem.
I had more and more issues loading pages within JIRA. Primarily pages that involved administration. This all started because I was trying to find out why I could not change a project's workflow. Then, I also could not change a user's permission scheme. That is when I came across this help page Unrecognized function 'getJiraHelpUrl'. It turns out my soy plugin was turned off.
Now, I never mess with system plugins. The only user-installed add-ons I have are "Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin" and "JIRA Software Chinese (China) Language Pack. Three things happened recently before I started having my problems. My UPM Plugin updated; I updated JIRA to v7.4.2, which forced me to move to a new database because the collation and character type of my old database started throwing errors in JIRA; and I installed, demoed, and uninstalled confluence.
I don't know which of these was responsible for messing up my instance of JIRA by disabling the soy plugin but I am happy to report it is fixed. The only reason I went into detail letting you know about my environment is so if there is a path that causes JIRA to break you know about it and what the likely solution might be.
Are you on Cloud or Server? If you are on Server you would see the following:
If you're on Cloud using the new UI you'll see the following:
I split the permissions as it shows in Managing Global Permissions to see if that would make a difference if the user was not a full system admin but that does not make any difference either.
Take a screenshot of what you're seeing and we'll go from there.
I attached a picture of what my screen looks like when I go to settings->Projects, select the project, and click "Workflows"
We are using our own native server to host JIRA. I cannot say when this issue started because it has been awhile since I wanted to change a projects workflow.
However, I had issues with JIRA and had to perform a re-index and repair a couple of problems after I installed and uninstalled Confluence.
Thanks for the screenshot. I want to see if it's a plugin that's causing this because this has been reported in the past. The easiest way to determine this is to put JIRA in Safe Mode and see if the issue re-occurs:
If it doesn't, re-enable the add-ons one by one until the issue re-occurs and that will be where you'll want to focus.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot