Project Issue Cloning plugin - maintain link relationships

Celina Kincaid April 30, 2024

I have looked into a few different cloning plugins and have not found something that works for this use case.  Hopefully someone here has a similar use case and help!

• Project: TEMP
    • This project has all the 'template' tickets for onboarding a new client.
    • These tickets are in an epic in the same project.
    • These tickets can be linked 'blocked' by other tickets in this same project.
    • Basically, everything that will be cloned and all relationships are from this single project
  • Project: ClientA
    • We want to onboard a new client and would like to clone all items from project TEMP into project ClientA.
    • We want all items to come under their copied epic.  (This comes easy enough.)
    • If ticket TEMP-4 is blocked by TEMP-6.  I want this relationship to copy so that now CLIENTA-44 is blocked by CLIENTA-66.  (assuming clientA-44 is the clone of temp-4 and clienta-66 is the clone of temp-6.)

Has anyone found a great plugin that will take project TEMP and copy EVERYTHING as is into another project?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2024

Hello @Celina Kincaid,

I am Marlene, product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.

If I understood your use case correctly, it should be possible with our app. With our app it is possible to adjust issues links and create the links between the issues that were cloned. 

When bulk cloning issues including issue links, you can decide between the following settings:

• Clone the originally issue links
  • Adjust issue links between issues part of this Bulk Clone (instead of linking to the original issue)
  • If for some issues only one of the linked issue is cloned you can decide if you whether want to keep the original issue link, or remove it from the cloned issue. 

Is this what you were looking for?

deep-clone-jira_clone-issue-links.png

Celina Kincaid May 6, 2024

This worked beautifully!  Thank you!

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 7, 2024

That's great to hear :) Thank you for letting me know, @Celina Kincaid

0 votes
Clara Belin-Brosseau
Marketplace Partner
May 2, 2024

Hello @Celina Kincaid ,

I can suggest trying our app Elements Copy & Sync that allows you to copy issues with all their content (summary, description, custom fields, comments, attachments, etc.) and their child issues.

You’ll be able to quickly copy everything from your template project to your new project.

Don't hesitate to try our app, it's free during 30 days and stays free under 10 users.

Kind regards,

Clara

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events