Project Import fails with "custom field ''Epic-Name' of type 'Name of Epic' and others

Michael Fuhrmann July 1, 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to move a complete project from one JIRA to another. We upgraded both to 8.2.2. The languages are the same "English - Moderate Stemming".

But I get the errors:

The custom field 'Epic-Farbe' of type 'Color of Epic' is required for the import but does not exist in the current Jira instance.
The custom field 'Epic-Name' of type 'Name of Epic' is required for the import but does not exist in the current Jira instance.
The custom field 'Epic-Status' of type 'Status of Epic' is required for the import but does not exist in the current Jira instance.

What can I do? Even the types are not available in the target JIRA. So I cannot create the custom fields.

Thanks

Michael Fuhrmann

1 answer

0 votes
Joaquin Fernández Morales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

Hello Michael, 

This problem usually happens because there are different English languages versions between both instances, you can check this under Administration >> General Configuration >> Internationalization

You upgraded to 8.2.2 both instances, but is JIRA Software enabled in both instances? . Checking under System >> Applications

Is there this project in the target instance? If so, is it a JIRA software project type?

Regards, Joaquin

Suggest an answer