Project Admin unable to release issues from Kanban Board

Autumn Justice May 4, 2023

Hi!

I keep running into an issue where one of the Product Managers on our Kanban board is unable to release her "done" issues. I'm a Jira admin, and have granted her project admin permissions (including Project Admin, atlassian-add-ons-project-access, users, and project owner), however she still gets the error message "you don't not have permission to edit issues in this project" when she tries to release. 

I've checked all of the permission settings that specify the roles she should need to release and granted them to her -anyone have any idea what's missing here for her to be able to release?

Thanks for any help!

image_480.png

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Hello @Autumn Justice 

I think you are talking about the Release button that appears in the upper right corner above your Kanban board. Is that correct?

Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 12.29.04 PM.png

Can you share with us the Filter Query used by the board? Does the user have the right permissions for all Projects that are within scope for that filter?

0 votes
Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2023

When you say "release" more specifically are you saying "marking the release in the project 'released'" or are you saying moving the tickets to some status that is released or considered released?

If it's the former, Project Admin role controls the management of releases, does that setup checkout for you?

If it's the latter, are there any additional permissions set at the workflow level to move status?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events