Problems with webhook on issue transition

ilanlewin July 1, 2021

I have been trying to issue a webhook on transition between states (any transition)

I found 2 ways of doing it, but I have problems with both:

1. using webhooks - I defined a webhook, but I do not get the option to associate it with a transition (only CRUD of issues). Jira tells me to define this on the flow editor, however the flow editor does not provide the option to add a webhook to a transition (only other actions, namely : assign an issue to someone, update an issue field, restrict who can move an issue, check that an issue has been through a status, check an issue's field)
What am I missing? I checked that my user is in ALL user groups including admin and jira-admin

2. using automation rules - this works however not very reliably, sometimes the automation will happen minutes after the actual event. I don't know why this is happening, because the service status seems to be at 100%. Is there an inherent delay in those events?

thanks in advance for the advice

2 answers

0 votes
ilanlewin July 1, 2021

deleted

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Hi @ilanlewin , 

in your workflow transition postfunction list you should have the following options: 

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 13.02.17.png

Are you sure it is not there? Could you add a screenshot?

- Tessa

ilanlewin July 1, 2021

Hey
Now I know I am missing something. I don't even get to post functions
this is what I see

ilanlewin July 1, 2021

Capture.JPG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial