Problem with project settings

Adrian Toman October 10, 2018

For some reason I have problem with the project settings.

I have two projects (they look similar to me) and each of them have different information on the project.

On one project in project setting page I have lot of options -> Details, Issues Types, Workflow etc (lot of other)

But on other project I have only -> Detail, People, Issue types and Features. 

Does someone know how to switch the second project to the more granular settings? I am site admin of our Jira account.

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robin Flood October 10, 2018

Hey Adrian!

Is the project with limited settings created with the Agility template by any chance?

That template comes only with limited project settings as it's an independent project which allows regular users without admin right to create projects themselves. 

I'm afraid that you'll have to create a new project (Not with the Agility template) and then move all the issues to that one, you can do this in bulk :) 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2018

This sounds like you have created projects of two different types.

Check the difference in the main project settings - compare if each one is Software, Service Desk or Business.  (If it's none of these, then it's an "individual project" and you can't change the type)

Suggest an answer