Problem with context fields not showing

Soporte Atl December 11, 2022

Hi there.

I can't figure out why some context fields aren't showing in my tasks.

Background and things I've checked

• Company-managed project.
  • Same custom screen scheme for all types of issues and situations (view, edit, create):

Fig. 1. Screen scheme (in project configuration)

2022-12-12 07_46_28-Proyecto Desarrollos RPA Endesa - Pantallas - Servinform - Transformación Digita.jpg

• The fields affected are included in the screen configuration. Some of them are custom fields, others aren't.

Fig. 2. Screen fields (in admin screens fields configuration)

2022-12-12 07_48_49-Configurar pantalla - Servinform - Transformación Digital - Área de Consultoría .jpg

• Those fields are included in the issue design:

Fig. 3. Issue design. Context fields (in project configuration)

2022-12-12 07_55_29-Desarrollos RPA Endesa - Tipos de incidencias - Servinform - Transformación Digi.jpg

• However, they don't show in the issue view (I also checked there's no a Show more fields in the issue view):

Fig. 4. Issue view. Context fileds in the right side of the screen

image.jpg

• Lastly, if I move the problematic fields to Description fields in the issue design they do show (except the custom one).

Fig. 5. Issue design. Description fields (in project configuration)

2022-12-12 08_20_06-Desarrollos RPA Endesa - Tipos de incidencias - Servinform - Transformación Digi.jpg

Fig. 5. Issue view. Description fileds in the left side of the screen

2022-12-12 08_38_44-Photopea _ Online Photo Editor.jpg

So I'm missing something but don't know what.

Could somebody please suggest something?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

M

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Soporte Atl December 12, 2022

Hi there.

I just opened one of the projects to continue dealing with the configuration problem and the hidden fields are now showing correctly.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the permissions scheme that I'm using. It's a custom one and I've been messing up with it more than what was convenient, so I don't know which was the faulty permission.

Anyway, thanks again.

Regards,
M

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2022

Hi @Soporte Atl have you checked the Field Configuration (shown/hide)?

Soporte Atl December 12, 2022

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, @Dave Mathijs .

The fields are all placed in the Context section, so none are in the Hide when empty or Hidden sections.

If you're referring to a different configuration option, please let me know because I'm probably unaware of its existence :)

0 votes
Gabriel Rybicki January 10, 2024

I have the same issue, Company managed project, added progress fields to "context" and its not showing up anywhere. 

0 votes
Paweł Zieliński November 6, 2023

I'm having exactly same issue, it is unfortunate that there is no answer provided here. For my it is happening with labels field

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events