Problem with a rule automation

Ianz Monteiro do Rio May 6, 2020

Hello people! I need urgent help: I ​​created a simple automation rule, which worked well and suddenly started to generate errors. The rule is very simple: if the item is in a certain status, I transition it to another one.

I am a Jira administrator.

I have already verified that the transition exists between the two statuses.

I have already verified that I have permission to execute the transition

I have already recreated the rule more than once.

If I make the transition manually it works without any problem!

The problem occurs for all items that the condition selects, that is, it is not a problem for a specific item.

The following appears in the audit log: "No transition found for the user. Make sure the actor of the rule has permission (including problem security levels) to see the problem and make transitions."

Project_automation_Jira.png

2 answers

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2020

Hello @Ianz Monteiro do Rio

Thank you for reaching out.

By the error returned in your Automation rule, I believe it is possible that the actor of the rule (Automation app user) does not have the permission to do the transition. That user is added by default to the role "atlassian-addons-project-access", so please follow the steps below to properly troubleshoot the issue:

1. Navigate to the Project > Project settings > Permissions > check if the role "atlassian-addons-project-access" is added with your project permissions, especially the Edit, transition, resolve and Close issue permissions.
  2. If that didn't solve the issue, try to create a new project from scratch and check if that same problem happens. If it works there, compare both permission schemes of the projects looking for differences that might cause the problem.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Ianz Monteiro do Rio May 8, 2020

Hello, thanks for the feedback ... yes the actor has this role associated. The role is associated with all of these permissions.

On the second point: I have several projects created (by another user) and the problem occurs in all. They were all created (I believe) in the same way and so it is normal that the problem is in all of them. I didn't quite understand your indication for "try to create a new project from scratch" ... can you help me?

Izabella Cikalova July 22, 2021

Hi,

I have the same issue. May I please ask how did you manage to resolve it?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Pablo Luan Sperandeo April 10, 2022

Hi,
I had the same problem and I resolved changing the conditions of the transition putting the atlassian-addons-project-access with permissions to make the transition in the workflow. That resolved the problem.

Like sekhar reddy likes this
0 votes
yan Khusid October 4, 2021

I had the same issue, I simply added transaction to my workflow, especially if you have status with approve and decline you need to add third transaction same as approve to the next status.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events