Problem in adding worklog in jira using rest api

Vaibhav Bansal February 15, 2021

When i post the worklog using rest api, the date posted and date logged is showing different for someone of different timezone. 

format yyyy-mm-dd h:m:s.S+0000 utc timezone

I tried to set date in utc format but it shows the correct date for me but when my friend in different timezone posts a worklog there is discrepancy between the date posted and date logged in jira.

How to solve this? In what format and in what timezone i should set the date format that should be standard for any one in any time zone.

1 answer

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

@Vaibhav Bansal  , it depends on the timezone set on the user profile's settings.

Make sure that your account is in UTC.

Then the other users' will see the time converted from UTC to their preferenced timezone

Vaibhav Bansal February 15, 2021

My account is in Jira Default (GMT+00:00) UTC

Is there any other method or date format that can be used so that a standard timeline can be maintained using  jira rest api

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

The standard time is determined by the profile setting timezone. Make sure that other users are also updating their timezone accordingly.

Time logged for an account that has GMT+5:30 cannot be viewed same value for the person who has GMT-1:30.  JIRA will have the same standard value in the database and convert it in view to the user according to their profile preference. Hope that make it clear..

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events