Problem: User only sees subset of fields on Issue Create

Jill Vieregge April 21, 2023

I'm running into strange behaviour for one user.

On a project that he has access to, upon issue create only some of the fields are displayed.

- he can create, so its not a project scheme/permission issue

- there's only one screen for all 3 operations

- I've tried giving him different project roles and even global Jira Admin privileges and its still an issue.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong, or were to look? I'm out of ideas. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Hello @Jill Vieregge 

Did you have the user check the Show fields option in the Create Issue dialog? Make sure they have All Fields selected.

Screen Shot 2023-04-21 at 2.44.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-21 at 2.45.30 PM.png

If that doesn't resolve the issue, have the user use the Find your field option to search for a missing field. That should provide back a message to help indicate when the field is not displayed.

Jill Vieregge April 21, 2023

Thanks. That was it. I knew about the configure option to hide fields, but didn't know about being able to do the same thing on a create.

Like # people like this
Claire Parchem November 28, 2023

Is there a way to make fields not be hidden on the create page so users dont all have to walk through this process? I am running into the same issue and would prefer all users can see all fields for all ticket types. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2023

I'm not aware of a way to force that setting on all users.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events