Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Printing an Epic with all issues in it included

For the life of me I can't find a way to print off an epic which displays all the stories within it, please advise if this is possible and if so, how?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Mar 10, 2020

Hi Lauren! What do you mean by print off an epic? Where are you trying to print from? What format are you looking for? Are you using next-gen or classic projects?

If you open an epic, and choose a Print or export to word (see attached pic) the result does not include the stories within the epic.

Epic printing.png

Jack Community Leader Mar 11, 2020

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification. So that is the detail issue view and only prints a single issue. I’m trying to think of a way to achieve your goal. Here are some ideas to consider/try:

• use Confluence and add in a filter for the epic and stories then export to word or pdf
  • setup your board swimlanes by epics and print the page
  • create a filter for the epic and children and capture/print the results
  • consider an addon - I cant recommend one but I know they exist based on other posts

This astonishes me.  It should be obvious that we need to be able to review the specs with stakeholders, so I would expect to be able to print, e.g., 

Epic Title 

Priority, optionally other select fields

Description

Optionally Comments 

ForEach (Story, Task : Epic) 

{

Title

Priority, optionally other select fields

Description

Optionally Comments 

}

How is this not a thing?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

111 views 1 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you