Post Function / Setting CLOSED to RESOLVED

Chad R Brown April 4, 2023

I set up a simple workflow in JIRA software.  When I run reports, closed (category "DONE") tickets don't show as resolved.  The articles I read tell me to set the post functions, but nowhere in my workflow workspace do I see a post function option.  Have I set something up incorrectly?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hello @Chad R Brown 

Are you working with a Team Managed or Company Managed project? That information will show at the bottom of the navigation panel on the left when you are viewing the project.

Are you working with a Software, Service, or Work Management project? When viewing the project Software and Service projects will show navigation options on the left, like Issues, Board, Queues, etc. If you are working with a Work Management project then the navigation options like Summary, Board, List, Calendar will show across the top of the screen.

For Team Managed projects workflow management is different and you won't find the Post Functions screen. 

For Work Management projects the Resolution and Resolved fields are not set/used by default. If the Work Management project is also a Company Managed project, there are work arounds. If the Work Management project is a Team Managed project, there is no work around and the issue is noted here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-180

Chad R Brown April 4, 2023

Trudy,

That makes sense then.  I am working in Team Managed JIRA Software.  I guess I will need to find a workaround for tracking. 

Thank you for the clarification.

Chad

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

In a Team Managed Software project the Resolution/Resolved fields should be getting set automatically when an issue is transitioned to a status in the Done Status Category. Those are the statuses that show up as Green in the workflow.

Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 11.57.47 AM.png

When you look at the board for your project you should see a green checkmark at the top of the column(s) to which those statuses are mapped.

Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 11.56.19 AM.png

For any issue moved to such columns, the Resolution/Resolved fields should be getting set automatically. The Resolution value should appear next to the Status field when viewing the issue.

Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 12.01.01 PM.png

If that is not the case for you, could you please share with us a screen image showing your board, an image showing your Workflow, and an image showing an issue that is in one of those Done statuses that does not have the Resolution/Resolved fields set.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events