Possible bug - BigPicture custom risk fields

MA February 25, 2021

I have found a possible bug in the risk module of the BigPicture.

My organisation uses a custom risk matrix.

To align the risk categories to the organisation I created 2 new custom fields as select list (single choice) and configured the risk module to use these fields for probability and consequence.

I can then edit the jira issue to use these two fields to categorise the risks.

What works

The risk matrix updates with my categories on the x and y axis.

The risks (issues) with the fields updated by editing the issue fields appear correctly in the risk matrix at the intersection of the relevant probability and consequence.

What doesn't work

When I drag and drop a risk in the risk matrix the custom fields aren't updated and the following error is visible when I refresh the risk matrix.

RiskFieldError.JPG

Reloading the risk matrix will display with the risk(issue) in its dropped location, but the error will remain and the custom fields haven't updated.

Running fix integrity checker errors reverts the risk(issue) to it's previous state/location on the risk matrix.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 1, 2021

Hi @MA

I’ve noticed that the pop-up displayed on your screen is a warning. Warnings are event messages which appear while our plugin is operating. Every time Add-on needs intervention from a user or an administrator, it generates a specific warning.

However, the warning pop-up you enclosed is a Jira warning.

We will gladly investigate the issue further and review your logs; however, we will need your base URL for that. I encourage you to share it with us in a direct message created in our Service Desk

Once the solution is found, you can post it in this thread, for other users' information.

MA March 1, 2021

Thanks @Anna-BigPicture .

I will raise a call through your service desk as suggested.

Do you get the same issue if you recreate the steps that I've provided above in your test envionment?

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 2, 2021

Hi @MA

In our test instance, we don't experience such a problem; that's why we would like to investigate your case individually. 

We are waiting for your message. 

MA March 4, 2021

Hi @Anna-BigPicture 

I have raised a service desk call and once the call is resolved I will update this post with the outcome.

Thanks for your help :)

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
March 5, 2021

Hi @MA 

You are welcome! I have noticed your message. Our agents will do their best to resolve the issue ASAP.

Suggest an answer