Points Planned vs. executed point

Diego Arturo Bustos Aponte April 23, 2023

Hello, I need to extract through a filter in JIRA the fields (planned points and executed points), I want to know the name of these fields, because I still can't find them, but I have visualized them in the reports. thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego Arturo Bustos Aponte April 26, 2023

this fieldsjira.jpg

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Hello @Diego Arturo Bustos Aponte 

Those are not system fields defined by Jira. Are those custom fields that you have added to your Jira system?

Can you provide a screen image that shows the values you are trying to get?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Those are not fields in the issues.

In each issues only the current Story Point value is stored.

The reports you are viewing are calculating that information on demand by parsing through issue history.

Diego Arturo Bustos Aponte April 26, 2023

Then, how can I export information to an excel file where I can visualize the planned vs. executed points per sprint?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

Are you looking for just the total points planned at the beginning of the sprint and the total points completed at the end of the sprint?

Or, are you trying to get the history of how points may have changed on issues and how points for the sprint may have changed as issues were added and removed?

At this time there is not a built-in option to export the sprint or burndown reports. You could look at third party apps that provide more customizable reporting for Jira. I have not had to solve your specific requirement so I don't have any specific recommendations, but here is a search from the Atlassian Marketplace to get you started.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=reports

Diego Arturo Bustos Aponte April 27, 2023

If it is more to extract these fields and to be able to convert them into reports in power BI, but I have checked and nowhere there are these fields, and it is necessary to make a transformation outside JIRA to locate the number of points executed and planned for a sprint.
Thanks for your support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events