Plugin custom field not exporting to CSV

Vince Pastorella June 16, 2022

I have a jira plugin we've created for in-house use that will add a multi-cascade field that can be several levels deep to a jira issue.  The plugin is working with no problems in JIRA itself.  However, when we try to export issues to a csv file, the csv has the column with the field name but no data shows up.  The data will show up in any other export type (HTML, RSS, etc...)

The field in question is called TestCascade in the search.  You can see there's no output for it in the csv.

TestCascade.pngTestCascadeCSVOutput.png

I strongly suspect that the issue is that because it has multiple values, something in JIRA is unable to process it when it exports to csv because it's all supposed to be on one line.  I want to either get the fields exported as-is or if required setup the view like the other standard cascade in the example (NormalCascade).  

The jira plugin field was created with extending the com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.CascadingSelectCFType and the com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.config.FieldConfigItemType classes.  I've search through them and their super classes but don't see a method or property that lets me set the view in this instance.  I'm using this with Jira 8.20.1.

EDIT:  I did just realize there's a view.vm file putting the fields in a table in the screenshot.  I just put the values on a single line but that did not fix the export issue I'm seeing.

Any ideas what would be needed to do this?

0 answers

Suggest an answer