Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Planning construction project in Jira

Hi,

Now I am joining the project and construction company to lead the project which is interested in using feautures on Jira as:

- Budgeting the project. So the PM's would be able to see how much money planned & spent for the work streams?

- Planning and coordinating working hours of staff. Is there any possibility to track time and see the workload of specific worker?

- Connecting our project with the clients' project. Have you had any chance to make the integration of client's and your team's projects, so you are able to atach documents for signature and once it is signed, you see the notification?

Is it possible to consider my questions and give me please some details, if these options already exist in Jira or needed to be cusromized? 

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you,

Marzhan Amanzholova

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Jan 24, 2023

Hey @Marzhan Amanzholova welcome to the community!

You have a few question which have a few different answers attached to them :) I'll do my best in answering them from my own experience and how I can think of a solution.

First of i'm not sure a Jira Software project is the right product for this type of work. You might consider looking in to Jira Work Management which is geared more toward planning of "general" projects (not related to Software development)

When it comes to budgeting there is nothing build in to Jira so you'll have to look towards an app. To combine a few things like budget and planning you could look either at something like Tempo (which has a Cost tracker and Timesheet/Planner app) or BigPicture/Structure that does project/portfolio management and which also integrates with Tempo in case you need timesheet approvals and things like that.

Integrating between projects is also possible but you'll have to see what exactly the other side uses. Multiple types of integrations exist but the specific tool/use case will dictate a lot of how it will be implemented.

Document signing the same thing, there are services that handle that for you but you'll have to integrate with them.

So TL;DR: most of these things are possible in some way or form but will require the investment in a couple of apps.

0 votes

Hi @Marzhan Amanzholova 

If you considering using a plugin then ActivityTimeline can help with planning and coordinating working hours. As for budgeting - the app has billable and non-billable working hours. 

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 15.45.49@2x.png

If you have any additional requirements please feel free to ask me. We can provide a demo session for you if needed.
Best, Nataliya, ActivityTimeline Team

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events