Pivotal Tracker import - Why can't I get a scrum board instead of Kanban?

Kishore Kandru October 14, 2013

When I do an import from Pivotal Tracker into Jira - it creates a Kanban board instead of a Scrum board which doesn't allow users to plan sprints.

I tried creating a scrumboard after the import, but see only a portion of stories appearing in the Backlog - not sure what qualifies to show up under Backlog versus not.

I've not found any presets that I can use to create a scrum board instead of kanban,what am I missing?

Please help, how can I get a scrum board created by default when I import from pivotal tracker.

2 answers

0 votes
Kamel Boulos January 26, 2014

I'm having the same issue. Can you please provide a step-by-step instructions on how get all my stories imported from Pivital Tracker into Scrum board so that I can performs sprint planning, etc...

Thank you,

--Lucky

0 votes
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2013

Hi Kishore,

As a comment on your newly created scrum board, issues may not be shown if you are using a filter that excludes specific issues.

To check if this is the case, naivgate to your board, select 'Board' > 'Configure' and view the tab 'Filter'. If your filter excludes some issues you will see a warning message and a link to display the unmapped statuses affected.

Cheers,

Paul

Suggest an answer