Permissions

Deleted user June 14, 2019

Hello

I have been playing around with permission schemes to lock down our projects.

I have a requirement where I need to give members of my team access to the release tab for a given software project.  They are responsible for creating releases and what goes on when.  The issue is in order to achieve this I need to set on my permission scheme the permission of "Administer Projects" to my developers. 

When I assign this permission to my developers they can access the release tab which is great.  But this has given them access to other areas which I would prefer they didn't have access to.  For example, they can access the board settings.  We have a custom workflow plugged into our boards and a developer of mine went in and removed a status from a column which made a load of issues "disappear" from the board.

I feel the "Administer Projects" permission needs to be broken down so we can decide what parts of the projects are accessible to the developers.

Can this be achieved at all?

We are currently using JIRA Cloud.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2019

Hi Kavin,

Unfortunatly there is no othet way to allow an user to manage versions, as only project administrator can manage them.

See Managing versions for further information.

Kind Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events