Permission for Board Creation & Board Administration

Patrick Roos January 8, 2021

Hi 

Which permission on a permission schema is responsible for the board creation and board administration? Or where could the board permission managed globally, e.g. every person in a specific group can administer the boards?

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Patrick

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

Hi @Patrick Roos ,

It's a global permission. 

Create shared objects permission I think.

Which is meant for creating dashboards and filters and boards.

Patrick Roos January 10, 2021

Hi @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH 

Thank you for your help!

Regards, Patrick

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul O
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

Any user can create a board. To share a board the Share dashboards and filters global permission is required.

When a board is created, the creator becomes the board administrator and can add other administrators via the board settings. Only the board admin can change the board filter query

The administration of boards is determined by a combination of Jira admin, Project admin, and board admin - depending on the operation being performed. Full details of how board permissions work are about halfway down the page of: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/permissions-overview-939938996.html 

(although this is server documentation, it applies to cloud)

Patrick Roos January 10, 2021

Hi Paul

Thank you for your help.

Regards, Patrick

Jacki Kientzle June 24, 2021

Helpful answer, but 404 on the link.

Cecile SEBASTIAN April 6, 2022

Hello, 

I am in the case where the creators of the board left the project and have no more access to the JIRA project. I don't know how to proceed to change the board administrators. I do have Administrators rights but I cannot do anything about the board.

If somebody have an idea, it would be very welcome! :)

Regards, Cécile

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events