Parrallel Sprints Enabled, but still get message about completing current Sprint

Erik McLaren
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2019

Hello,

New Jira Admin here with a question. I've found where to enable Parallel sprints in the Web Product, but when I attempt to start a second sprint it displays the 'Can be planned but not started until the completion of the current sprint' message. 

This is a next-gen project using the Scrum boards. Do I need to recreate the Project using a classic template? Right now I am just playing with a test Project, so I am not heavily invested in it and I am free to start over if needed. 

Thanks,

Erik

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2019

Hi Erik,

Your Guess about the Next-Gen Project is correct, as currently the parallel sprint functionality is for Classic projects only, and cannot be used with the next-gen project type.  So if you need to run sprints in parallel a do-over with a classic project is the way to go.

You can follow the implementation of this feature at the following link and please make sure to add a vote to help us track interest in the feature for prioritization efforts:

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer