You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I've noticed when Resolving a jira story as Done, the Parent field data disappears automatically. In the history, it looks like the person resolving the story is also changing the Parent to None, but they are not, it just seems to happen on their behalf.
It sounds like there may be either a Post Function in the workflow making that change, or an Automation Rule that runs after the status change to make that change.
Have you reviewed the workflow to see if there is a Post Function making that change?
And to see what rules have run against the issue recently you can expand the Automation panel at the bottom right of the issue view and then click on Refresh to display the rules that have recently run.
Thanks for that suggestion Trudy, however, we don't have any automation rules set up. This only started happening once we were put in the Beta group to use the New Parent field, so it could be something glitchy w/ the new Parent field, which is now in place of the Epic Link and Parent Link fields.
If you have no automation rules and no workflow post functions that are causing this, I recommend that you open a support case directly with Atlassian support to investigate this more.
It would be great if you can report back here what you learn from them.
Yes thank you Trudy...I have submitted a ticket w/ Atlassaian, just waiting to hear something back from them, but will let you know what I find out. I think this might be related to the Beta program for the New Parent field, so asked if I could be removed from that Beta update.
FYI - I did hear back from Atlassian regarding this bug and they provided a short term fix, so wanted to share:
Our investigation showed this is a bug that occurs when a screen is associated with a status transition, specifically if that screen has the Epic Link field but not the new Parent field present. We have a pushed a fix for this which will take some time to deploy - in the meantime to mitigate this bug from your side, you can do one of two things.
You can either:
1. add the Parent field to the screen that is associated with the transition to the Done state
2. remove the Epic Link field (which is otherwise displaying "Use Parent field instead" text and is unusable) from the screen