Parallel Sprints

Mohammad Kettaneh July 4, 2021

Hello,

How can I have "Parallel Sprints"

I have enabled it from (Settings -> Products -> Jira Software configuration -> then enabled Parallel Sprints

In backlog, start sprint is active only for one sprint, please advise 

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2021

Hi @Mohammad Kettaneh welcome to the Atlassian community.

Thank you for sharing the screen shots. To me , it looks like you are on team-managed Jira project type. If so, you can't run parallel sprints. The Atlassian team are currently planning to implement the same on this project type with no ETA.

You need to use the company-managed project type for running parallel Sprints,

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Mohammad Kettaneh July 5, 2021

@G subramanyam All clear now, working fine, thanks.

Like G subramanyam likes this
0 votes
Mohammad Kettaneh July 4, 2021

Hello @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , thanks for your reply.

please check the attached photos .. I can start one Sprint only

sprint-issue1.PNGsprint-issue2.PNG

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2021

As @G subramanyam stated, by the looks of it, it seems that you are currently working on a TMP, rather than on a CMP. If that is the case, then you have to switch to a CMP to have parallel sprints.

Alex

Like G subramanyam likes this
Mohammad Kettaneh July 5, 2021

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_  All clear now, working fine, thanks.

Wouter Jager September 16, 2022

I have a follow-up question;

I am in a Company managed Project so great; I can enable the parallel option! :)

Now: Is there any way by which I (admin) can solely enable this function for a certain Project?

Reason:

• I have a Project "D&A", for the entire department of small Scrum teams,
  • They have one backlog. However, they work in different sub teams and thereby need to run Sprints in Jira at the same time / simultaneously
  • Need for all teams to have their own sprint goals (work on different topics/focus areas)

My question is:

Once I enable this option, does it enable the parallel sprints for ALL teams & projects? I just want to enable it for my team & project

Suggestions would be fully & much appreciated!

Darren Newberry March 17, 2023

this appears to be a global setting. so once applied to your instance all projects can take advantage of it.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2021

Hi @Mohammad Kettaneh ,

Since you have parallel sprints enabled, you should be able to start two sprints. Can you confirm that you have at least one issue on the second sprint you want to start?

spints.png

Jihan Cardenas July 25, 2023

Where can I find more information about Parallel Sprints? Currently, the only resource on documentation is how to enable it. 

Further contents, use cases and deep dives are nowhere to be found. 

Is it limited to its purpose to allow multiple sprints at once?

How about supported and out of scope functionalities?

Thanks in advance to whoever can recommend me to a resource.

Suggest an answer