Overview board to show tasks assigned in Kanban and Scrum Board

Matthew Murphy March 26, 2019

My software team runs off one projects in JIRA.  We have two boards... 1 Scrum and 1 Kanban.  We use the Scrum board for all new feature/project development.  We use the Kanban board for any maintenance/bug/task type issue.

My problem is that the same developers are working on both boards.  Instead of the toggling between the two boards, I would like to make a master board for all issues assigned to them. Both boards follow the same workflow

Any insight?

2 answers

0 votes
Dan McLean July 15, 2020

Try this:

1. Create a new project board.
  2. In the board settings go to general. 
  3. Under filter select edit filter query
  4. Type: Projects In ("project a", "project b") Order by ASC
  5. Search to make sure the Query worked
  6. Then hit save 
  7. You'll have a new project board that allows you to see across both boards simultaneously

As you become more experienced with queries you can set these by assignee's, other projects, etc

You may find that you need to re-map swim lanes and issues based on the two different boards 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

what I do is to create a "My Activities" dashboard that makes use of filters that incorporate the "currentuser" function. The dashboard and filters are shared w/ everyone. In this manner whoever logs in will see only their work and can work off of that board. The only downside is there is no drag/drop feature as there is with a board. If this is a requirement then simply create a new kanban board using the same "currentuser" filter...

example filter: project in (a,b,c) AND assignee = currentuser()

Sample of my dashboard...

My_Activities_-_JIRA.jpg

Suggest an answer