Other users can't see my JIRA board

Saeid Hashemi March 7, 2018

I've created a JIRA board, and added a few others as administrators to it, but they cannot access the board at all. Is there something else I need to do?

2 answers

1 accepted

21 votes
Answer accepted
João Nunes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2018

Hi Saied, how are you?

A board is available to all users who can view the saved filter on which the board is based. (Note that they will also need 'Browse' project permission for the project(s) whose issues are shown on the board. See Permissions overview for more information.) So that might be the cause why other users can't see that board.

You can also refer to these two pages for more information: Boards in the new Jira experience and Configuring a board.

Kind regards,
João Nunes
Jira Support Team

Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2018

@João Nunes, FYI, the link to Permissions overview is broken because there's a close bracket at the end of the url:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/permissions-overview-764478244.html]

Might want to fix your link.  Thanks!

Like # people like this
João Nunes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2018

Hi, @Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_! Hope you're ok!

Thanks a lot for your heads up! Sorry for not checking that before. I've fixed the link. You're awesome.

Kind regards,
JOÃO NUNES
Jira Support Team

Anurag Singh December 16, 2021

"A board is available to all users who can view the saved filter on which the board is based." these are the golden lines.. had the same issue and had to edit the settings of the FILTER to make it public (filters are create in Private mode by defualt). Jira is insanely complex (and badly broken) because of these little absurdities.

Like # people like this
2 votes
KASIREDDY KARTHIK REDDY May 15, 2019

I'm a Jira administrator (and since I'm the only admin) and one of my colleages has managed to create a scrum board but no one can access this board now or not visible on the View Boards Menu that I can't see.Please help me .

Debi Koltenuk August 29, 2019

HI, Did you get the answer? I'm in the same situation.

Peter Nagy January 19, 2020

Maybe this helps. The author of the board should be able to set the up the shareability of the board. 

Board setting- > General -> Shares -> Edit Filter Shares and then add a group or a Project (http://prntscr.com/qq3rgg )

Like # people like this
Joe Ezeh May 26, 2020

@Peter Nagy you are a lifesaver! Thanks for this! It worked for me, a newbie admin lost in a sea of settings

Peter Nagy May 26, 2020

@Joe Ezeh Happy it helped :)

Melissa Foley September 8, 2020

Hi,

I'm stuck trying to make a Board visible to anyone with a link (public) on a project that is public. I have a project that has Browse Project permission- Public, and the filter for the board is set to Shared with the Public but when the public goes to view, all they can see are the issues from the filter, not the board. Any suggestions?

Hari Prasad
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2024

Suggest an answer