Original Estimate VS Time Tracking

Özge Özgenç March 30, 2023

I want to compare the original estimate and time-tracking data for issues that are in a sprint. So, I can evaluate if estimation time guesses failed or were successful and how is the failure rate for a sprint is. 

- Agile board - JIRA.png

How can I compare these data and see them as a report?
Is there a way to do it with confluence tools, dashboard widgets, etc?
I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

Hello @Özge Özgenç 

The Work Ratio field will show what percentage of the Original Estimate has been consumed by time logged. You can see the information in the Advanced Issue Search screen when you use List View and add the Work Ratio column. A Work Ratio over 100% indicates more time was logged than in the Original Estimate.

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 11.43.42 AM.png

The same information can be shown in Confluence using a Jira Macro.

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 11.47.18 AM.png

Özge Özgenç April 3, 2023

Hi @Trudy Claspill 
Thank you a lot you are a lifesaver! :) I tried the advanced issue search and it works. However, I couldn't find Jira Macro in Confluence. There is task report and it seems similar. Are you using task report template?

task-reporter.png

I couldn't edit the columns to display field. I got this error:

colums-to-display.png

and also I would like to filter it to see only one sprint. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

The Task Report macro in Confluence is not the same as the Jira Macro.

Are your Confluence and Jira instances on the same site, using the same base URL?

Have you established an Application Link between the Confluence and Jira instances?

If there is no Application Link and/or the two products are not on the same site then that could explain why the Jira Macro is not currently available in Confluence.

Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 9.24.44 AM.png

Özge Özgenç April 6, 2023

It works thank you. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders