Organizing Tasks and Epics

Ken Searle July 2, 2021

Tasks have been great to help us get work done in manageable chunks and we used Epics so we could group the tasks into key Features but now we could use another level of grouping at the Roadmap level. 

Are there...
Sub-Epics under Epics?
Features under Epics?
or Epics the I can group under a Sprint and show Sprints on the Roadmap?

It feels like I am missing one more layer for this tool to be Epic!

Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2021

By default in Standard tier Jira you are limited to 

Epic

Story/Task

Sub-task

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2021

To get more layers, you will have to look to apps such as Structure, Big Picture or Advanced Roadmaps.  Or do the layers above in something built for scaling upwards, like Jira Align

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 5, 2021

Hi @Ken Searle 

Like Nic has already mentioned, to get more layers and structurize your task hierarchy better, you will need to look for some apps on the marketplace - such as BigPicture from SoftwarePlant (the company I am part of). With its features, you can organize your task hierarchy in various ways:

Gantt module.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Adam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events